A crunchy, yummy option for Breakfast
I’m not going to lie, ever since i started baking sourdough bread, most mornings we’ve had that for breakfast. But as it is gettig warmer outside, we do occasionally crave a lighter alternative, and homemade granola with soy yoghurt always hits the spot.
This is one of our favorites, it’s chrunchy, nutty and the hint of Vanilla makes it a bit more interesting. One of the best things about granola is that you can make bigger batches as it will last for a while in any airtight container (even though it never lasts long in our house).
Pecan-Vanilla-GranolaCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Healthy, VeganDifficulty: Easy
The perfect nutty, crunchy breakfast cereal
1 Cup (100g) Pecans
3 Cups (300g) Oats
1/3 Cup (70g) Quinoa
1/4 Cup (40g) Chia Seeds
1/2 Cup (130g) Coconut Oil
3 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup (100g) Sugar
1/4 Cup (60ml) Maple Sirup
- Chop your pecans, preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl. Either melt the coconut oil before adding it or make sure that you distribute it very well.
- Spread the mix onto a baking sheet in an even layer, bake for 30 minutes. Stir the granola every 5 minutes to make sure it browns evenly.
- Let the granola cool down and transfer it into an airtight container for storage.
- The granola will last at least a week or two in an airtight container.
- If you want to make this gluten-free use GF certified oats.
- Replacing the pecans with almonds makes the granola taste a little like Raffaelo sweets.