A vegan twist of the classic Greek tsatsiki dip
As soon as the weather gets warmer, this vegan tsatsiki is one of my favorite things to make. It’s so quick and easy, keeps in the fridge for days and makes for the perfect light snack.
I love Greek food, always have since going there on holiday when I was a child. Anything greek inspired takes me right back to sandy beaches and the smell of the ocean on the Greek islands. I’m such a summer person, and living in a land locked country, I always try and recreate that holiday feeling in my kitchen.
However, Greek food isn’t always the most Vegan friendly, so over the last years I have worked to find alternatives for my favorite dishes. I love making vegan gyros and moussaka, but we like cold and fresh foods in spring and summer. So this vegan tsatsiki recipe hits the spot as soon as the temperatures climb up.
I like to have it with either carrot or bell pepper sticks or with homemade pita breads but my boyfriend swears on combination of pita chips and tsatsiki. It’s also a perfect addition to dishes like gyros wraps or any roasted veg dishes.
There is also always a bowl of tsatsiki at any summer BBQ we attend because it goes just perfectly with anything that comes off a grill.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! If you make it, make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can it! I’m always happy to answer any questions about the recipe, so don’t hesitate to comment or pop me a message.
Vegan TsatsikiCourse: Sauces and Dips, SidesCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
A vegan twist on the Greek yoghurt dip
250g Unsweetend Plain Vegan Yoghurt
2 Cloves of Garlic
Salt and Pepper
A splash of Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Fresh Dill or Rosemary (Optional)
- Either shred or finely dice the cucumber and then press out excess water either through a kitchen towel or a strainer
- Add the cucumber to a bowl and mix with the yoghurt.
- Press the garlic through a garlic press or mince it very finely and add it to the bowl
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and fresh herbs
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure the yoghurt you use is unsweetend! My favorite kind to use is the Skyr or Greek yoghurt style ones that are a little thicker.
[…] you want a quick and easy snackfor summer, I recommend that you make these with a batch of my vegan tsatsiki. There is simply no better snack on a warm spring or summer […]